SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) – A fire engulfed a Southwest Miami-Dade home, leaving it charred and destroyed.
The fire ignited in a house at Lago Mar Community on Southwest 158th Avenue near 72nd Street around 11 p.m.
Officials said it took them about 30 minutes to put out the fire.
Preliminary information reported this fire may be linked to an electric car parked in the garage.
One neighbor called authorities as soon as he saw the flames.
“I was just playing video games, I was on Facetime with my friend and I looked outside and there was a bunch of fire and flames and I heard the alarm,” said Kavi. “And then, I ran to my mom’s room and I told her I should call the cops and firemen and they all came.”
7News captured the decimated insides of the two-story home.
Police said that everyone was able to escape the home on time and no injuries were reported.
As far as what sparked everything, Miami Dade Fire Rescue said it remains under investigation.
Please check back on WSVN.com and 7News for more details on this developing story.
Copyright 2023 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.